Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Construction of a lowcountry angel!

Pin It
Lowcountry Angel
"Protector of Sand Dollars"
I had so much fun painting my angel. I had wanted to paint a Christmas card
again this year but time and indecision of what to paint got in my way!
I woke up in the middle of the night with the thought.... paint the angel!
The angel was in the box of older Christmas decorations that I had decided to donate and perhaps someone could put them to good use. She was in the box because the wreath she had been holding was long gone. She's been around for a while. 
But just before the drop off, I pulled her back, just couldn't do it. 
Then it occurred to me, glue one of fabulous, beautiful, big sand dollars that
I had picked up from Edisto Beach with my grand daughters.  I did and she has been resurrected in my home and is an angel once again. So just like an angel whispering in my ear, she said
paint me!
Every once in a while, I like to post the sequence of how I paint. It's always fun to see how it progresses and almost always, I feel that paintings go through a scary stage where I think, 
oh no, it's going to be a scrapper but if I just keep going, it usually comes together!
So, here she is beginning with a photo of her on my front porch. 
I saved an angel! How often can we say that!








No comments: