Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Great Blue Heron, Hiding in Plain Sight..... recovered

Pin It
Great Blue Heron, Hiding in Plain Sight
oil on canvas
10 x 20
RECOVERED!

Well, as you know, I posted this bird several days ago and that was after several
days of fiddling with him.  I found that I was bothered by him... I couldn't figure it out, 
until
I realized.... it was the composition that bothered me!
Even though I thought I had it right, I didn't. But I had to sleep on it
for several nights before I did figure it out.
So, the Great Blue Heron that was hiding from us (though he was in plain sight)
went back on the easel (for the 3rd time) and was totally redone
I took away the "other" trees and did less of the grasses. 
But it was the trees that just didn't make it work... in my eyes. 
So, if you want, you can look at the old post and compare to this new one
and 
what do you think?
I do know..... art is in the eye of the beholder
and everyone sees things differently
but the wrong composition was definitely not helping!
Tell me... 
what do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were so right. It looks wonderful now. The painting is about the bird and the atmosphere is wonderful.

Rosie Phillips said...

Thanks!
You just know when it's wrong and then when it's right!