Sunday, December 21, 2014

Merry Christmas from South Carolina! Girl On The Beach

Pin It
Girl On The Beach
palette knife oil painting on panel
3" Gold Frame

This is a painting of a child, a little girl playing on the beach with her family close by. 
As Bruce and I were walking on the beach just recently (yes, I did say just recently. And it is now December!), a family was on the beach and the children were playing. This little girl stopped and knelt to pick up some shells and her reflections in the wet sand were just as beautiful as she was!
Such a simple composition but yet a beautiful image.
I had fun painting this version with just a palette knife! I am working on 
another version, slightly larger with fine brush work. 
Will post that one when I am finished with it. 

I'd like to thank you all for a wonderful 2014
and wish you and your loved ones many blessings for the coming year!

No comments: