Friday, June 12, 2015

Old Friend 2

Pin It

 Old Friend 2

Old trucks have always intrigued me. Don't know why?
I don't like driving them..... I just like painting them!
This is my second old truck to paint, the first being 
a watercolor many years ago now.
Since I saw this one, delivered and not moved 
(very much or far) for a while now,
I have been wanting to paint it. It is part of the 
Toogoodoo 365 Series 
because it can be found on a property
on the banks of Toogoodoo Creek! Fair game... right?
Old Friend 1 (click here to view) was fun and challenging, 
with the light filtering through the trees and the old 
glass on the truck. I waited for a day that I had time to paint this one with the same lighting. 
 I love the old still shiny black with the faded black, rust spots, 
sun highlights.... and with the 
great sun we had on this day, it helped to make the "black" truck shine in a sea of green in the yard.

Below are photos of my view and set up.



No comments: